Do you have furniture lurking in your basement or attic, but haven’t brought it out because the upholstery is ripped, torn, or unsuitable for your decor? Yet you can’t discard it because its a family heirloom, or holds some other personal significance close to your heart. You can take your old furniture to be reupholstered in Brooklyn, New York.
Many people haven’t considered this option and then their old heirlooms get carried off to the dump one day. But there can be many benefits to visiting a business that caters to furniture reupholstery in NYC.
1. Chesterfield, chairs, and other settees may be antiques. If you’ve had your furniture for any length of time, or inherited it from parents or grandparents, chances are that its worth some money. You can have these types of furniture reupholstered to suit your living room decor. You’ll get to show off your new “antique” furniture to your friends.
2. Its worth pertains to you. We love to inherit items from our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents, yet their tastes were often different to ours. Having a chance to have a chair reupholstered, or even to have the paint or lacquer changed, will then give us a chance to proudly display it in our homes. There’s something special about actually using an item that you remember from your childhood.
3. Save the environment. Even though the 21st century promotes the “reuse, repurpose, recycle” motto, there is still a ton of furniture that ends up in the landfills. This is unnecessary. Every new item of furniture possesses the same framework that the old chair does. Why toss it, when it can be refurbished at a furniture upholstery in NYC?
4. Older is better. Furniture companies today sell cheap furniture that has to be screwed together. Just how long does it last? Not very long, and often multiple repairs are needed throughout its life. Save yourself the hassle and keep your beloved antiques and vintage furniture. If you don’t like it too much, it can be taken to furniture reupholstery in NYC, and you won’t recognize it when it’s done!
5. Enjoy a vast selection of colors, patterns, and fabric types. You’ve spent a long time getting your living room’s interior design just right. Perhaps you’ve been on the hunt to find furniture to suit the room, but you can’t find it in the right colors. Instead of trying to find furniture to suit your interior design, change the colors of your old furniture to suit the room. An upholstery business can help you choose from an assortment of fabric swatches. You’ll be able to choose the exact color you need, a pattern if you wish, and even the type of fabric.
Once you realize the benefits of furniture reupholstery in NYC, you’ll be ready to dust off those old pieces of furniture in basement, attic, or storage unit. The possibilities are endless, and best of all, your antique or vintage furniture will last you through another lifetime. Furniture Reupholstery Nyc